Daytrading Q & A
Bulletin Signals - Answers
Daytrading | Bulletin
Signals | Overnight
Technical Analysis | Novice Trading | Free Daytrading Ebook
Want to know when new tips are added? Add your name to our mailing list for our e-mail updates. This list will not be sold, traded or given away.
Answers - Bulletin Signals (cont)
9) Can I resize or minimize the Real-Time
When in a trade, it is recommended that you keep your Real-Time Signals screen maximized. Note: Some software interferes with a browser's ability to play the sound files, so if you notice you are not hearing the Bulletin Signal sounds with your screen minimized, this is probably the cause.
10) What should I do if I receive an error message
while in the Real-Time Signals page?
The best way to determine whether you have a refresh problem is to verify that the time value in your Current Time window is advancing. An advancing time indicates that your Signals page is updating correctly.
Additionally, it is helpful to have an audible tone to alert you to a program error message. This ensures that even if you are not watching the screen, you will still realize there is a problem and can correct it.
To insure you have a Program Error sound (Win 95) go to Settings/Sounds/Windows/Program Error and associate a sound file with that action.
If you have a refresh difficulty, another pop-up window may appear that states:
In this case,
1. Press O.K.
2. The Signal Page should now normally refresh itself every 15 seconds.
3. If the Signal Page doesn’t update, press the Reload (Netscape) or Refresh (Microsoft) button to reinitialize the process. Use the Current Central Time window to verify receipt of a new broadcast.
4. If this doesn’t correct your problem, then most likely your ISP connection is broken or your browser is having problems. First try reconnecting to your ISP and then, if necessary close and restart your browser.
It is advisable to occasionally check the Current Central Time box in the upper left corner of the Signals Page to verify proper reception of your Signals.
Another error message you may receive is:
In this case you have been disconnected from the net (probably by your ISP). To correct this problem:
1. Press O.K.
2. Reconnect to your ISP.
3. If the box pops up during your reconnection process, press O.K. after your connection is reestablished.
11) What is the "Signals Log" link at
the bottom of the Real-Time Signals page?
Our Real-Time Commentaries are often very on-target. Use the Signal Log also to refer to the Pre-Opening Commentary, if you missed this important data just before the market opens (usually posted around 8:20 - 8:25 Central as a Status Signal).
12) What is the Pre-Opening Commentary?
This information is derived from the overnight and early A.M. European and U.S. market activity, giving you absolutely the latest trading information available. We know of no other such service. It is of immeasurable benefit to you as a trader.
13) Please explain what is the 5M average on the
SPH9 comment sent out this morning.
If it does break this price, then we start paying attention to signs that price may be heading back up.
The 5-minute daily chart is posted every evening
and also displays the color legend.
14) You frequently refer to the Premium. What
If you receive the real-time CME quotes it will include Premium. It is usually PREM (Data Broadcasting's symbol is $PREM). The floor frequently pushes the Premium within a certain range each day relative to fair value. (Fair Value is what is considered to be the reasonable difference between the futures and cash.)
Time Signals | Day Trading Newsletter | Trading
Daytrading Tips | Trader's Tool Box | Day Trade Links | Contact Us
|Copyright 1997-2009 Daytrader’s BulletinThere is a risk of loss in futures trading.